Cutting screws, nails, and other things can encounter at any time if you choose the wrong tool. So, you can’t deny the accuracy and efficiency to break them off. For that, one needs to know how to do that smoothly. Choosing the appropriate medium for cutting off the nails and screws is very important.
Now choosing the appropriate medium for this task can be very confusing and time-consuming as there are many products available in the market. So, here we are presenting the best tool to cut nails and screws so that the consumers can get the best product according to their needs. But if you’re in a hurry, why don’t you check our winner Irwin VISE-Grip Wire Cutter?
Our Favorite 8 Tools – Comparison
Weight: 3.04 ounces
Dimension: 10.63 x 8.94 x 0.34 inches
Weight: 5.4 ounces
Dimension: 9.13 x 5 x 0.63 inches
Size: 10-18 Awg Solid, 12-20 Awg Stranded
Warranty: 1 year manufacturer
Weight: 5 pounds
Dimension: 14.5 x 6 x 7 inches
Warranty: 3 year limited warranty
Weight: 1 pounds
Dimension: 6.13 x 18.31 x 4 inches
Warranty: 3 Year Limited Warranty
Brand: Hangzhou Great Star Industrial Co.,LTD.
Weight: 2.4 pounds
Dimension: 17.71 x 5.9 x 1.96 inches
Weight: 0.01 ounces
Dimension: 8.5 x 2.25 x 0.5 inches
Weight: 7.52 pounds
Dimension: 9 x 8.7 x 3.5 inches
Brand: Black & Decker
Weight: 4.6 pounds
Dimension: 11.75 x 4.38 x 9.25 inches
Warranty: 2 year limited manufacturers warranty
8 Best Tools to Cut Nails and Screws Reviews in 2020
As there are many tools available in the market for cutting nails, we have reviewed the best tool to cut nails and screws according to their usage and other features to easily pave the way.
The Irwin stripping tool is the winner in accordance with our experts’ reviews, and a must-have item for electrical work. It comes with a self-adjusting wire stripper that makes it very handy for all users. Besides, it offers a 2 inches’ jaw that is suitable for stripping even the large wires.
Moreover, it comes with a built-in adjustable stopper that helps to manage the core strip during the job. So, it’s considered the best tool to cut off nails. Its pro touch grips ensure maximum user comfort. However, it is the best tool for cutting metal bolts. In the end, it gives a lifetime guarantee.
- Stripping Power: It comes with a great induction having a tough cutting edge that remains sharp for a long time.
- Dimension: It has a length of 8 inches.
- Function: It can cut 10 AWG to 24 AWG because of its self-adjusting mechanism. It can leave a perfect thread cutting bolts in actual sizes.
- Plier Nose Availability: The stripping tool offers a plier style nose that offers wire stripper.
- Color: It is available in multicolor, which helps you to select your favorite one.
Klein Tools 11055 Wire Cutter and Wire Stripper is a compact, lightweight tool with bent double gripped handles for the users’ comfort. It also has precise ground stripping holes. Finally, bending, shaping, and pulling wires with this tool is very easy and quick. It also offers cleanly crop screws. It’s a tool to cut nail flush without any hassle.
- Function: The stripping tool strips from 10 AWG to 18 AWG solid wire, where the standard wire needs to strip between 12 AWG to 20 AWG.
- Stripping holes’ availability: It has ground stripping holes that offer more precision in bending and looping wire.
- Speed: It can easily crop 6-32 and 8-32 screws with its promising speed.
- Handle: It has double-dipped grips and bent handles for strong-gripping.
DEWALT 20V MAX XR Reciprocating Saw is a battery-powered saw that comes in yellow color. Its variable speed trigger with 0-3000 strokes per minute enables faster blade control and faster-cutting speed. It has a 4 position blade camp that allows position diversity and flush cutting.
It has a pivoting adjustable shoe that increases blade life and allows controlling depth of cut. However, the manufacturer doesn’t offer a blade, charger, and battery, and you should purchase them separately.
- Dimensions: length of 6.13 inches, width 18.31 inches, and height 4 inches.
- Operating Source: It is a battery-powered reciprocating saw that needs to be checked before starting your job.
- Stroke Length: It has a 1-1/8-inch stroke length that provides a faster cutting speed.
- Warranty: It has 3 years’ service warranty.
The DEWALT 20V MAX Reciprocating Saw is a compact and lightweight saw that is battery powered and comes in a combination of black and yellow color. The stripping tool offers a 1-1/8" stroke length that is perfect for efficient work. Moreover, it offers a variable speed trigger that delivers up to 2,900 strokes per minute for more precise work and faster cutting.
Unfortunately, the tool doesn’t come with a blade. Its pivoting adjustable shoes allow controlling the cutting speed. There is a bright LED light attached to illuminate dark work areas.
- Dimensions: The dimension is 14.5 inches in length, 6 inches in width, and height 7 inches.
- Voltage: The battery-powered tool offers a maximum of 20 volts before workload, where the minimum voltage is 18 volts.
- Speed: Its variable speed trigger offers significant strokes per minute, which is enough for faster work.
- Pivoting shoe availability: It has pivoting adjustable shoes that extend the blade life and ensures depth cutting.
The WORKPRO Bolt Cutter is a great bolt cutter that offers compound cutting ways to reduce effort. Besides, it comes with molybdenum steel jaws that ensure durability. It is designed like a classic lever-fulcrum and has aligned blades that deliver added leverage with less effort. The tool is used to cut the soft metal, chain, and rivets.
- Handle Type: It has a Bi-material soft handle for comfortable gripping and cutting.
- Size: The jigsaw comes in 4 different sizes for a user-friendly feature.
- Cutting Capacity: It has a cutting capacity of HRC≤42: 7/32-inch (5mm Maximum) ；HRC<25: 1/4-inch (6mm Maximum).
- Weight: It weighs only 2.4 pounds, and it’s very easy to operate.
This one is another bold cutter and has established its name in the market. And the TEKTON 8" bolt cutter with forged and hardened alloy steel jaws. It comes in a gentle black color. You shouldn’t purchase any battery to operate it.
The tool offers compound cutting where you don’t need to provide extra effort to complete the job. Plus, the manufacturer offers rolled steeled handles with non-slip rubber grips for easy gripping and precise work. So, finally, it is recognized as a mini bolt and wire cutter.
- Size: The bolt cutter offers 4 different sizes for multiple jobs.
- Battery Availability: It does not require any battery to operate.
- Dimensions: It has a dimension of 8.5 inches in length, 2.25 inches in width, and 0.5 inches in height.
- Functions: It is very suitable for chopping bolts, chains, threaded rod, and heavy gauge wire up to 3/16 Diameter.
This jigsaw comes with a built-in laser and LED light that ensures enough visibility and good outcome even in dark work areas. Its 6.7 Amp pure copper motor produces up to 3000 SPM cutting power, which ensures more powerful and efficient performance.
This jigsaw has a dimension of 9 inches in length, 8.7 inches in width, and 3.5 inches in height. It generates a voltage of 120 volts. One can use it for a longer time with less fatigue because of its easy usage. It is very adjustable, convenient, and practical. However, do you know how to cut screws with a Dremel? Then you should click on it to know the rest of our guides.
- Lighting Features: It has a built-in laser and LED light.
- Dimensions: Its dimensions are: 9 inches in length, 8.7 inches in width, and 3.5 inches in height.
- Variable Speed: The jigsaw comes with variable speeds for more accuracy and precise cutting.
- Aluminum Footplate: Adjustable aluminum footplate lets the jigsaw to make more variety uses like a tangent, beveling, or curved cuts.
Another masterclass and our final cutting tools is the Black Decker jigsaw that is popular for its customized settings. And you’ll find them in black color. It can make 45-degree level cuts with adjustable shoes for stability. Besides, it has enrolled a new and improved wire guard, which makes more sharp and precise cuts. And finally, it also has a dust blower.
Moreover, it has a keyless blade clamp for tool-free blade changing. However, if you want to know how to cut stainless steel screws, you should use it to meet your needs.
- Dimensions: Its dimensions are: 11.75 inches’ length, 4.38 inches’ width, and 9.25 inches’ height.
- Voltage: It has a voltage of 120 volts.
- Curve Technology: The black-decker jigsaw offers curve control technology where you’ll have 1 to 4 adjustable settings.
- Variable Speed Motor: Its 5 Amp variable-speed motor produces up to 3,000 strokes per minute chopping speed.
- Blades: The tool comes with a keyless blade clamp for tool-free change.
How to Buy Tools for Cutting Nails and Screws?
Buying tools for cutting nails and screws can be a confusing and time-consuming job, as mentioned earlier. There are lots of products in the market to confuse consumers. So, it is essential to know the characteristics that a consumer needs to search for while buying this product. The characteristics that a good tool for cutting nails and screws are stated below:
- Lightweight and Compact: the tool for cutting nails and screws should be lightweight and compact. If the machine is very heavy, then the cutting off the nail or the screw will not be flawless. If the tool is not handy enough thin, it is very obvious that removing the screw or the nail will not be perfect.
- Complete Holder: If the tool holder is comfortable enough, then cutting off any nail and screw can be done smoothly.
- Easy Controls: For doing any kind of task with any tool, it is very essential that operating the tool is easy. So finding a tool that is easy to operate can make the working process easy.
- Sharp Blade: There cutting tool should have a sharp blade so that the cutting can be precise and accurate.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
How do you cut off a nail head?
A nail should be cut off by using bolt-embedded lumber with a bimetal blade in a reciprocating saw.
How do you cut stainless steel screws?
To cut a stainless steel screw, a fine-toothed tungsten-carbide steel blade is needed that will not react to the increasing temperature instantly.
How do you cut long screws?
Long crews can be cut by using a pair of wire strippers and threads. The mark should be inside the pliers before cutting. There should be a firm squeeze on the pliers, and the screw is cut.
This is the detailed review of the best tool to cut nails and screws, and our top pick among these 8 tools is IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Stripping Tool. Hopefully, the reviews will be helpful for you when you buy the tool according to your needs.
One more valuable advice is to make sure to read the buying guide before buying the product. Good luck with your purchase, and you can easily revamp your stock by picking any power tool from the list.
Hello, this is Gary Jae, a machinery expert. Writing is one of my hobbies, so I wanted to share my know-how about tools, technologies, machinery, and automotive equipment. I hope you’ll enjoy my provided real-life experience and analytic information.