Do you care more about your interior decorating?
Let me guess!
Since you are here for the 5 best nail guns for crown molding, you care about your crown molding as well as your interior decoration because the nail gun gets your job done efficiently and smoothly relative to a hammer.
You know, a hammer might damage your crown molding, and that will destroy the beauty of your molding for sure. A good nail gun can help you install the crown molding correctly.
That is why choosing the best nail gun is essential. But as a new member of this field, it is tough to find out the right one for your task.
But don’t panic. I am here to help you. I am going to review some of the best nailers for moldings, and also, I will tell you how you can choose the best one that will suit best for your application.
So here we go.
Our Top 3 Picks
Weight: 2.7 pounds
Dimensions: 10 x 8.25 x 2.75 inches
Weight: 4.5 pounds
Dimensions: 3.25 x 11.5 x 12.5 inches
Warranty: 1 year
Weight: 3.3 pounds
Dimensions: 2.5 x 9.5 x 10.5 inches
How to Choose Nail Gun for Crown Molding
As a new person, you do not know how to choose the right one or what to consider while selecting the nailer for crown molding. Here are some things that you should consider.
Based on the buying guide, I will suggest you go for Makita AF506 2″ Brad Nailer. This has all the features a gun should have to be the best. And if you want a high-power nailer for hard materials, you can go for the NuMax SFN64 Pneumatic Nailer.
Nose Size and Type
One of the most important things you should consider is the nose size and kind. When it comes to nose size, you should choose one that has a narrow nose so that you can reach confined spaces. When you will do your crown molding work, you have to get access to such places.
And when it comes to type, you should go for a rubber nose so that you leave no damage or spot on the molding.
Another essential thing to look for is the power source. You can either go for an air compressor nail gun or an electric nail gun; it depends on your choice. If you do not want any trouble, you can quickly go for an electric one, but for hard material, an electric nail gun might not be a good option.
You should choose a gun that is lightweight and durable. And it depends on the materials used for making the gun. Also, you should choose a nail gun based on the elements where you are going to work. If you are going to work on a hard surface, you should go for a high-power nail gun.
As I told you before, you need to get access to confined space. And to do that, you should pick a nailer for molding that can be rotated 360 degrees and fire the nails wherever you want. This will make your job super easy, and you will get the best nailing.
Loading speed is also important. You need to make sure you can load your magazine fast so that you save valuable time. Slow loading speed makes your job tough.
And lastly, you should pick a nail gun that offers the best comfortable grip. If you cannot be comfortable with holding the gun, you will not be comfortable working with the gun. So it is really important to choose the right nailer.
1. WEN 61721 18-Gauge 3/8-Inch to 2-Inch Pneumatic Brad Nailer
The WEN 18-Gauge Brad Nailer is one of the top-rated and best brad nailers you will find in the market. This one is a perfect option for crown molding. This 18-gauge brad nail gun offers you a smooth, jam-free, and comfortable experience during your work.
- This air-powered brad nail gun comes with a lightweight style with comfortable handling.
- Its weight is only 3 pounds, and it features a rubber grip so that you can get maximum comfort when working.
- Along with that, it comes with a quick-release magazine that will help you remove the jam without spending your time.
- The best part is that it can hold up to 100 brad which ensures less loading time.
- The adjustable exhaust port makes sure that you drive the nail wherever you want.
- You can easily rotate the exhaust 360 degrees to drive the nail into your target.
- Lastly, it has depth-adjustable wheels by which you can easily adjust the depth and work at any depth.
- And you can do it comfortably even if you are doing it for the first time.
Overall, this best air-powered nailer is an excellent option for your crown molding. It has all the features you need. Though it might jam often, it will not slow down your firing due to its quick-release latch. So you can buy it with full confidence.
2. NuMax SFN64 Pneumatic 16-Gauge 2-1/2″ Finish Nailer
Another excellent product in the market. This NuMax SFN64 16-gauge finish nailer has all the ability to fulfill your demand for this work. Most of the users are happy with this product as well. It is a multi-use nailer.
You can do things such as interior as well as exterior finish and trim staircases, furniture, cabinetwork, baseboards, shoe, and also, window casing, crown moldings, and chair rail moldings.
- Like the previous one, this finish nailer comes with a lightweight design.
- Along with that, it features a comfortable grip that makes it supremely comfortable to use.
- Also, it has a quick jam release so that you do not have to slow down your firing during working.
- And the adjustable depth enables you to work with different types of materials.
- When it comes to durability, it is made of an aluminum body.
- This makes the nailer lightweight and at the same time, reliable.
This Pneumatic nail gun is a cool item for your job. And the best part is that you can use it in other jobs as well. So if you are looking for an all-in-one solution, then this is the item for you.
3. NuMax SBR50 Pneumatic 18-Gauge 2″ Brad Nailer
NuMax Pneumatic brad nailer is the best one for your crown molding. Unlike most top-class nailers, this air-powered brad nail gun is unique, easy to use, and, most importantly, offers excellent service. It is durable and very high quality.
- One of the main features of this nailer is that it comes with a dual spring magazine along with a reversible belt hook and reload indicator.
- That means whenever the magazine will be empty, you will be notified, and as a result, you will have no misfire.
- Like the previous one, this Pneumatic brad nailer can multitask.
- You can use it for the baseboard, crown moldings, decorative trim, shoe moldings, base moldings, door installation, chair rails, handrails, door and window casing, and many other projects.
- This USA-made nailer has a comfortable grip for easy use.
- Along with that, it comes with a 360-degree adjustable exhaust that helps you fire nails in any direction.
This one is an excellent option for your crown molding. It has all the features you need. Though it might jam often, it will not slow down your firing due to its quick-release latch. So you can buy it with full confidence.
4. Makita AF506 2″ Brad Nailer, 18 Gauge
If you are looking for a simple, good-looking nailer that will correctly get your crown molding job done, then I am presenting you the Makita AF506 2″ Brad Nailer. It is one of those nailers that can accurately drive nails without damaging the crown molding.
- The main feature is a narrow nose.
- You can get access to confined areas where other nailers cannot.
- And since it comes with adjustable depth, you can work with different types of materials efficiently.
- It is designed in such a way that it will minimize downtime.
- Its quick-release cam-lock enables you to clear the jam when necessary quickly.
- This corded brad nailer comes with a non-marring rubber nose that leaves no spot in the working space.
- And lastly, you can rotate its tool hook 360 degrees for all-round firing.
I have to say that if you want the best nailer for multiple uses and if you do not have any problem with the depth of the materials, then this electric nail gun will be a perfect option for you. You will have super comfortable working with this gun.
5. NEU MASTER NTC0040 Electric Nail Gun/Staple Gun
And the last nailer on this list of best crown molding nail guns is the NEU Master NTC0040 nail gun. Last but not least. You will get the features you need to do your work perfectly.
- Unlike any of the nailers we have discussed above, this one has a power option through which you can control the power based on the depth or the type of materials.
- You know, not all materials need the same power.
- The electric nailer works with different-sized nails.
- As a result, you can use it for multiple purposes.
- And this electric staple gun is safe to use because of its safety contact.
- Like the previous one, it comes with a rubber nose that protects your wooden surface from damaging and marring.
- You will get a flawless finish.
- Since it is an electric nail gun, it does not need any air compressor or other additional power sources, which makes it super convenient to use.
Finally, I want to say that you will rarely find the best nailers like me. Though it needs regular maintenance, trust me, it is worth it. You will love it.
Now you know how to pick the right one for your job, and also, you have the list of the best nailer for crown molding. Which one are you going to buy? Use your brain and pick the right one so that you do not have to regret it.
I hope this article will help you a lot. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comment section.
I know you still have some questions in your mind. Here is our FAQ section. You might find your answer here.
It depends on the type of nail gun. If it is a pneumatic nail gun, then it needs an air compressor. For other types of nailers, you need NO air compressor.
It depends on the type of work. For crown molding, I would go for the brad nailer or finish nailer for sure.
16 gauge is perfect. However, you can change it based on the depth of the materials.