A nail gun is not a regular grocery item. Except for professionals, people buy a nail gun to use for several years. The nail gun needs to be able to perform all the tasks as needed. If not, then buying another nail gun would just be a waste. To save you from all those hustles, we recommend 8 best nail gun for home use. Among them, PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX is our best pick.
Our Top 8 Picks – Comparison
Weight: 5.9 pounds
Dimension: 13.88 x 5 x 12 inches
Warranty: 3 year limited
Weight: 9.55 pounds
Dimension: 14.66 x 11.78 x 4.22 inches
Warranty: 2 years
Weight: 2.2 pounds
Warranty: 30 day money back guarantee and 1 year warranty
Weight: 8.58 pounds
Dimension: 5.51 x 14.17 x 20.08 inches
Warranty: 1 year limited
Weight: 4.08 pounds
Dimension: 11 x 5 x 12 inches
Warranty: 1 year limited
Brand: Metabo HPT
Weight: 2 pounds
Dimension: 9.38 x 2 x 6.38 inches
Warranty: 5 year warranty
Weight: 4.5 pounds
Dimension: 3.25 x 11.5 x 12.5 inches
Warranty: 1 year limited
Weight: 6.38 pounds
Dimension: 23.03 x 9.45 x 14.8 inches
Warranty: 7 year limited
8 Best Nail Gun for Home Use Reviews in 2020
The nail guns are discussed thoroughly, including their key features and advantages. The 8 best home use nail gun are given below:
The PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX model runs using a battery. It doesn’t require an additional hose or other equipment. The motor can support the nail gun to work under any weather and drive nails on any surface.
However, you’ll get plenty of additive tools in the nail gun that will enhance the performance and efficiency along with safety. The nail gun weight is very light. Also, it belongs to the cordless nail guns’ group, so it is easy to work with. It provides a 3 years long warranty to the nail gun user in order to satisfy consumer needs. Moreover, it ranked No. 1 in Power Brad Nailer.
- No Compressor needed: However, the cordless nailer runs by a battery. So, additional equipment like hoses is not required.
- Efficient working: It requires only one 1.5 Ah 20 Volt rechargeable Battery to work efficiently.
- Capacity: The magazine capacity is 100.
- Productivity: This tool provides a hassle-free adjustment that stimulates productivity.
If cord makes your work harder, then try KIMO 20V nail gun. It runs with a Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery, so it does not require additional tools like a hose or air compressor, etc. It provides a fast charging feature, so you do not have to delay your work hours just to charge the nail gun. KIMO 20V has a dual feature. It works as a nail gun, though it can serve as a stapler when needed.
- Dual Modes: KIMO 20V has a dual feature of nailing and stapling. And you can alternate the dual-mode for better and convenient operations.
- Cordless: However, the battery-powered nail gun is cordless, so no power socket is required on the job site.
- Power: It can drive more than 80 nails per minute.
- Battery life: The Lithium-ion battery provides an average of 2 years of long life.
If control over the nail gun is desired, then this is the nail gun to go for. It provides total user control over the nail gun with its features. For example, the Hitachi NT50AE2 allows the user to choose how much to drive the nails.
Some other features are provided to make life easier for the user. For instance, if the nail gets jammed on the nail gun’s tip, then the nail can easily be removed without any additional tool.
- Weight: Lightweight and weighs only 2.2 pounds. It saves people from muscle aching after work.
- Power supply: Provides inter mitten power in general. The user may choose continuous power if needed.
- Convenient Runtime: Runs on air, so do not have to worry about the power socket or charging issue.
- Comfort: It comes with an elastomer grip that restricts slipping.
This NuMax is made of magnesium. Magnesium provides it a durable, still lightweight body. It is designed to provide the highest efficiency and comfort on the job site. Different types of jobs can be performed with this nail gun.
And NuMax SFR2190 is ideal for framing. Other jobs like nailing on roofs or wood can be done with this nail gun. NuMax SFR2190 is the best nail gun for woodworking. It ensures durability and high quality for the consumer to be satisfied.
- Adjustability: The air exhaust of NuMax SFR2190 is 360 degrees adjustable.
- Perfect grip: No-slip teeth are available to provide additional gripping.
- Versatile options: The trigger can be set to enable either bum-fire or single fire.
- Reduce damage: The nailer itself stops the firing if the remaining nail number is lower. So, the probability of internal damage reduces.
- Construction: The nailer provides a durable construction that ensures longevity.
If the nail type matters, then this product might interest you. Wire weld can be driven with this nail gun as well as plastic inserted coil nails. The desired depth can be achieved relatively quickly with its adjustable depth feature.
To make the product durable, the body is made of Magnesium. It comes with a soft rubber foot that can prevent possible damages. The adjustable exhaust of this product can control possible damage.
- Lower PSI: It works with 70-120 PSI, so high-cost hoses are not required.
- Construction: The Aluminum body provides durability and lightweight nailing.
- Versatility: It can drive at different distances. It is starting from 1-1-1/4-inch to 2-1/2-inch.
- Rubber foot: Soft rubber foot is provided with BOSTITCH Coil Siding Nailer. So, it will not damage or break any object while working on soft objects.
The Metabo HTP Pin Nailer Kit uses 23-gauge nails. The 23-gauge nails are smaller than 18-gauge nails. So, more of these nails can be placed, which will provide higher strength. It usually drives nail from 5/8” to -3/8” distances.
As the nails are smaller, their resistance to force is lower. If lower quality nails are used, it may jam the gun. However, the tolerance rate of the Metabo Pin Nailer Kit is admirable. It ranked no 1 in Power Pinners. Thus it is known as the best nail gun for crafts.
- Dual Trigger: The Metabo nailer contains a dual trigger that enhances safety by increasing the accuracy of fasteners’ placement.
- Adjustable depth: The depth of the nailer can be adjusted to be used for various applications.
- Saves power: Powered by air, so it does not waste the resources like electricity.
- Versatility: It can drive 23 nails that are useful to work on a wide range of projects.
The Numax SFN64 model uses 16-gauge nails. These nails are bigger than most used 18-gauge nails. So, it can provide more strength and workability than 18-gauge nails. It is a finish nailer in type. These types of nailers are good nailers for trim.
These nail guns are used to connect finishing materials. For example, a finish nailer will connect a crown molding to a trim. Other than that, the finish nailer is great to work with for interior and exterior furniture, baseboards, etc. It is the best to nail gun for home DIY. It ranked No. 3 in Power Finish Nailers.
- Saves time: Contains quick jam release. It enables the user to take the nail off and solve the jamming issue without requiring additional time and tools.
- Magazine: The magazine contains 100 nails. It can house enough nails for one sitting.
- Quality: A ¼” NPT fitting is provided with the nailer. So, it guarantees the efficiency of your work.
- Versatile uses: The tool is superior for exterior and interior work that provides customizable depth-settings.
- Comfort: The exhaust is adjustable in any direction. It increases the comfort to work with and the safety of the user.
If you need to perform framing and finishing, then this is the product you must have. The nail gun combo kit is great to work on subfloors, fencing, etc. These are good nailers for decking. These products were created to be durable.
It contains many nailers and staplers of different gauge sizes. Different features are available to cover all of your tasks. For tight spaces to reach, the magazine of the nailer can be rotated up to 34 degrees. For quick tasks, continuous shooting may be enabled. Precisely, you’ll get a decent 7-years warranty.
- Safety: Hardened steel drives are provided, which increases the safety of internal parts.
- Material: However, if you want to reduce wear, the product comes with Teflon O-rings.
- Functionality: The quick jam release feature enables the jam to be resolved within a moment.
- Durability: The framing nailer comes with durable materials that are superior to its quality.
How to Buy a Nail Gun for Home Use?
Different nail guns come with different features. The recommended 8 nail guns for home use, all of these products contain some of these features. All these features are equally important and useful. You have to choose one nail gun that will have relevant features to fulfill your needs.
Among many factors, the power source is an important one. Different nail guns are available that require a different power source. If you choose electric corded nailers, then you will have to use it mostly indoors where there is a power socket available nearby.
If you want to go remote, you may use battery-powered nailers. These nailers are usually bigger. Another type is air powered. There does not need to be charged or be connected to electricity, so it usually can run longer than the others. The air-powered nail guns are more powerful than other types as well.
The nail guns provide many features that should be reviewed before buying a nail gun. For example, many of those provide adjustable depth features. Using this feature, the user may adjust the depth as to how much of the nail needs to be penetrated.
Based on situations, you can choose your preferable depth. Many other functions are available as well. Go through the available functions before buying a nail gun.
A nail gun can be a dangerous weapon under the situation. So, you should always consider safety factors while working with nail guns. Many nail guns provide built-in safety switches.
If the bump-fire feature is on, a serious injury may occur whenever a human body comes in contact with the nail gun’s front side. So, any consumer should turn the safety on when they are done working. Check the safety factors of your nail gun before buying.
So, here is our recommended best nail gun for home use. Among this PORTER-CABLE 20V, MAX is our best pick. However, we’ve discussed all the key features and advantages for your easy choices. Compare the features and find the best one that suits your requirement. Before making your final decision, read the buying guide carefully.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Do all nail guns require a compressor?
Answer: Air-powered nail guns require a compressor.
What kind of nail gun do I need for a trim?
Answer: However, a 15-gauge finish nailer is suitable for trimming. And, you know, an 18-gauge brad nailer is widely used to get the best outcome at your job.
What kind of nail gun do I use for fencing?
Answer: Framing nailers or fencing nailers work great for fencing.
Hello, this is Gary Jae, a machinery expert. Writing is one of my hobbies, so I wanted to share my know-how about tools, technologies, machinery, and automotive equipment. I hope you’ll enjoy my provided real-life experience and analytic information.