Choosing a suitable nail gun is a tough task. Even when a nail gun is chosen, many disadvantages may force a user to replace it. However, our experts have researched the market to alleviate your stress and pick the best nail gun to build furniture. KIMO 20V is the best pick for you to make building furniture.
Our Top 5 Picks of Nail Gun – Comparison
Brand: K I M O
Weight: 9.55 pounds
Dimension: 14.66 x 11.78 x 4.22 inches
Warranty: 2 Years
Weight: 2.2 pounds
Warranty: 30 day money back guarantee and 1 year warranty
Weight: 2.2 pounds
Dimension: 10 x 2 x 9 inches
Warranty: 5 year warranty
Weight: 1.24 pounds
Dimension: 10.4 x 2.6 x 9.25 inches
Brand: NEU MASTER
Weight: 3.39 pounds
Dimension: 10.63 x 7.68 x 2.76 inches
Best Nail Gun for Building Furniture Reviews in 2020
Nail guns come with different features and different advantages. Some of the best nail guns for building furniture are given below:
We suggest that KIMO 20V is the top nail gun. If you are having trouble handling nail guns with a cord, then this should be chosen. Many people find it difficult to work with cables as those can only serve up to a certain distance.
Also, in a place where no power socket is available, the cord nail guns are useless. This nail gun has no cords attached; thus it will serve you the way you need. This is one of the best nail guns for woodworking.
Besides, you’ll find the Lithium-Ion battery that is being used to operate the nail gun. Luckily, the battery is treated as more powerful than others for its fast charging ability. Moreover, it can run for a long time without creating any issue.
This gun can staple and nail at the same time with a minimum of noise. The IMO 20V nail gun provides all the potential functions that a user may ask for.
- Battery Life: Average battery life of KIMO 20V is 2 years that is quite decent than other nail guns within this price range.
- Features: It has a nailer and stapler feature that made it a winner among others.
- Performance: It is capable of driving 80 nails every minute that is expected for a wide range of nailing and other jobs as well.
- Cordless gun: KIMO 20V is a cordless nail gun.
- Weight: As KIMO 20V is light in weight, so it will not add extra load to carry or lift the nail gun while working.
- Fast Charging: The fast charging enables it to work without any additional break during work time. Charging KIMO 20V during lunch break is enough to support you for the rest of the day.
Hitachi NT50AE2 is a great tool to work with nails. If you want total control over nailing, then Hitachi NT50AE2 is the tool for you. However, it’ll make a way to adjust the nail’s depth according to your satisfaction. So, problems like the tail of the nail being opened on the other side of the wall will not occur with this nail gun.
Hitachi NT50AE2 can perform two jobs. It can drive nails. If needed, it can remove nails as well. If any nail is displaced or jammed, you do not have to find additional tools. Hitachi NT50AE2 will come to the rescue. Hitachi NT50AE2 is a great product that features many other functions.
- Weight: It weighs only 2.2 pounds. So, NT50AE2 does not cost additional energy to work with.
- Construction: Handles are made of elastomer, so less chance of slipping.
- Power sources: It is powered by air or gas substances that are convenient.
- Features: The nail gun provides a dual powering option. Users may define inter mitten power or continuous power based on the usage. Besides, it also comes with bump-fire features. NT50AE2 can fire automatically when in contact with the wall.
Nail guns are usually run by electricity. Some may run by cable and some by batteries. Both of these have limitations.
Either they cannot be used after a certain distance or only perform for a certain period of time. The Metabo HPT Brad Nailer does runs on air. So, it overcomes the barriers that other nail guns face.
The HPT brad nailer provides a 5-year warranty. If you face any difficulties using the product or the project malfunctions, then the HPT brad nailer can easily be replaced. The warranty period is longer than the user, as it usually does not malfunction at all. So, HPT Brad nailer is trustworthy.
- Versatility: Metabo HPT can nail different size brads that ensure more precision on work.
- Avoid scratches: The nail gun leaves a no-mar tip. So, the surface where the nail is driven does not get any additional scratches.
- Actuation: The nail gun comes with selective actuation that allows selecting the bump fire.
- Adjustability: The depth of the Metabo nail is adjustable. No additional tool is needed to adjust the depth.
The PORTER-CABLE BN200C comes with a lightweight yet strong body. The firing point of the nail gun is smooth. As a result, you won’t find any scratch or stain on the surface after extensive working hours. The BN200C will show signs when running out of nails.
The user will get information about when to reload the nail gun. It removes the danger of damaging the gun with an empty shell on the action. A carrying case comes with the nail gun that reduces the chances to leave the nail gun behind.
When working on a DIY project, you must need both a staple and a nail gun. This NEU master staple gun saves your time and money to get those. It will serve both the purposes as you need. It is the best gun for DIY.
NEU can drive nails of different dimensions. Starting from 3/8” to 18 gauge, any nail can be driven without any hesitation with this single tool.
Safety is a big issue while working with nail guns. This gun provides a contact safety switch to ensure the safety of the user.
- Versatility: DIY projects need different sizes of the nail to be driven. NEU alone can get the job done. Besides, it can serve as a nail gun as well as a staple gun.
- Compressor: NEU does not require additional air compression to work. NEU runs with direct electricity.
- Availability: They do not repair the product if broken. They change the product and provide the customer with a new product.
- Power: However, you can adjust the power knob for different kinds of materials. So, it’s a convenient staple gun.
- Safety: The nailing gun ensures safety through a safety switch that prevents firing.
How to Buy a Perfect Nail Gun for Building Furniture?
When you are going to get a nail gun for building furniture, some factors need to be considered based on your usage. The nail gun with the best rating might be useless for the works you want to perform.
The power supply is very crucial to operate the nail gun and should be considered precisely. However, plenty of nail guns are available in the market for different purposes. It can run by direct electricity, battery, or air.
If you want to work at a remote place or far away from your house, then a cord nail gun is useless. If you work for a long time, then a battery nail gun might not support it. Due to these reasons, you should always look for the power supply method of your nail gun.
Additional features of nail guns might make your life easier. For example, many nail guns come with a bump-fire feature. If you need to run hundreds of nails a day, it would be the best feature to look for in a nail gun. It will drive the nails automatically once it gets attached to the surface.
Thus, your fingers would not have to face all the hustles that regular nail gun causes. You should always look for these additional features before buying a nail gun.
The strength of the nail gun might be controlled for some nail guns. You should pick the nail gun with the right strength or a nail gun with adjustable strength.
Safety is one of the best and must-have features while working with nail guns. You should have safety switches installed in the nail gun. Features like bump fire feature are great, but it is dangerous as well.
If a human body comes close to the gun's front side, it will drive a pin on the human body. To prevent these, you need to have safety switches available in your nail gun.
Choosing a nail gun based on user ratings or reviews might not always get you the best product. We have narrowed down to the 5 best nail guns for building furniture where KIMO 20V Nail Gun is our best pick for you. You should read the buying guide carefully to make an educated guess.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
1. What kind of nail gun do you use for shelves?
A finishing nailer should be your pick in order to make shelves. You might face issues while trying to attach vertical plywoods. Other than that, a finishing nailer would do a great job.
2. What is an 18-gauge brad nailer used for?
It is mainly used to attaching thin objects or sheets to thick objects.
3. Should I get a 16 or 18 gauge nailer?
You should pick 16 gauge nails. The 18 gauge is thinner than 16 gauge nails. If you use 18 gauge nails, then you will need a higher number of nails. In terms of 16 gauge nails, it can hold more strength with fewer nails than 18 gauge.
Hello, this is Gary Jae, a machinery expert. Writing is one of my hobbies, so I wanted to share my know-how about tools, technologies, machinery, and automotive equipment. I hope you’ll enjoy my provided real-life experience and analytic information.