A useful tool like a grease gun can be found in any workshop or garage, which is a great assistant to lubricate specific stuff and parts of machinery. Great for DIY projects, this incredibly handy tool helps to maintain the life of the vehicle and its components.
As there are so many options available when it comes to choosing the best grease gun, from a hand-pumped to air pressure, we luckily found the top 10 grease guns by doing proper research, considering expert's recommendations and customer reviews. We have also picked Bravex Pistol Grip Grease Gun as our champ. It’s cool variable features and ultimate flexibility to get right into the area where it is required.
Our Top 10 Picks — Comparison
Weight: 3.34 pounds
Dimension: 14.6 x 5.3 x 2.6 inches
PSI: 6000 psi
Weight: 2.5 pounds
Dimension: 15 x 5 x 2.8 inches
PSI: 7000 psi
Weight: 8 pounds
Dimension: 20.63 x 9.94 x 4.81 inches
Power Sourced: Battery-Powered
PSI: 10000 psi
Weight: 5.6 pounds
Dimension: 17.25 x 7.5 x 3 inches
Power Sourced: Air-Operated
Weight: 0.01 ounces
Dimension: 9 x 5.25 x 1.5 inches
Warranty: 1 Year on material
Weight: 2.65 pounds
Dimension: 13.5 x 5 x 2.25 inches
Weight: 3.59 pounds
Dimension: 15 x 5.5 x 3 inches
PSI: 6000 psi
Weight: 0.16 ounces
Dimension: 3.8 x 19.7 x 9.2 inches
Power Sourced: Battery-powered
Weight: 3.24 pounds
Dimension: 15.9 x 6 x 3 inches
PSI: 6000 psi
Weight: 3.9 pounds
Dimension: 7.7 x 16.1 x 2.8 inches
PSI: 7,500 psi
The 10 Best Grease Guns Reviews in 2020
If you want to have an ideal greasing, then a top-notch grease gun would be a must option. How can you find the best option from these several guns? Relax. We've got you covered with the most promising grease guns available in the market.
1. Bravex Professional Heavy Duty Pistol Grip Grease Gun — Our Pick
If you are looking for a professional grease gun that can provide your convenience experience with its predecessor models, then the latest Bravex Heavy Duty Grease Gun can be a great option.
- Powerful Motor: It comes with a powerful motor that can bear high working pressure up to 6000 psi. Moreover, the powerful motor works faster than manual grease guns, and it ensures high power output, which allows you to do your job more quickly yet effectively with less energy. With a high capacity battery, it makes your lubrication job so convincing and easy.
- Non-slip rubber: This bravex grease gun has a slip-resistant rubber design that gives high gripping functions with almost zero accidental drops and hands numbing. It also prevents heavy sweating even after using it for several hours.
- O-ring Design: The O-Ring sealed, high-pressure piston design ensures positive lubrication and works as a protector to prevent grease leakages as it leaves the pump head. It also speeds up assembly operations and prevents messy loading.
- Metallic case head: The metallic case head of the grease gun is strong and durable enough to ensure safety and prevent it from ruining your projects.
- Parts and Accessories: The grease gun comes with 18-inch heavy-duty reinforced flex hose, which can easily fit even in unreachable areas without causing any problems. Moreover, it is user-friendly and flexible to use. It also has a 5 ½ hard metal extension tube, which is solid and offers great performance.
2. Lumax LX-1152 Heavy-Duty Deluxe Black Pistol Grease Gun — Budget Pick
Lumax grease gun is the ultimate industrial-grade grease gun and a very heavy-duty grease gun. It is mainly made in China with parts from Japan, the USA, UK, Taiwan, and Russia. Also, it has the top grease gun coupler.
- 18-inch hose: This heavy-duty grease gun comes with a lengthy 18-inch hose that can easily reach far areas without having any problem.
- One-hand Operation: You just need one hand to operate the gun for easy greasing.
- High Pressure: This grease gun can deliver pressure up to 7,000 PSI, and it can perform efficiently in harsh environments. The high-pressure option makes it the most powerful gun that allows you to spend more money to buy it since it is worth the extra few dollars.
- Loading Option: There are three options available to load the grease gun: cartridge, suction, or grease pump. One convenient thing about this gun is that you don't need to fill the entire canister when you need just a little amount of it.
- Hard Wearing Steel: Hard-wearing steel is used to make the grease gun barrel, which makes it a great protector against bumps and scratches. Moreover, hard steel can withstand any weather conditions that make it more durable than plastic-based grease guns.
- Additional features: The grease gun has a locking function that ensures safety and prevents dummy lubrication. Moreover, you don't have to worry when your kids are running around the house.
3. DEWALT 20-Volt MAX Cordless Grease Gun — Best Choice
Are you facing difficulty with your manual grease gun, then DEWALT 20V Cordless Grease Gun is an excellent option for you to take off your pain for dealing with heavy equipment with fun. With this modern grease gun, you will not feel any pain to actuate the gun, and you have a convenient experience while using it. It's an American made grease gun.
- High Construction: The construction of this grease gun is as sturdy as it looks. This industrial grade tool can perform efficiently and smoothly, even in rough environments. The shell of the gun is made of glass fiber reinforced plastic, while the internal part is made from die-cast magnesium.
- Flexible Hose: With the 42 inches' flexible hose, you can easily reach tight spots, which is impossible for manual short hose grease guns. The hose has spring guards to protect it from pinching and damage while working in any heavy-duty material projects.
- Strong Motor: With the powerful motor, it can deliver at 10,000 psi max pressure to work smoothly, even the most clogged grease fittings. The vigorous motor can deliver a maximum of 5 ounces of grease per minute to make your tougher jobs easy yet fast.
- LED Light: There is an LED light on the front end of the tool to help you while working in tight and dark areas. The light's quality is bright and provides excellent wide shine to the work surface area even though it is located in a fixed position.
- Unique filter: The unique filter inside the pump helps to protect the gun against dusty and dirt build-up. So, you require fewer efforts to maintain the grease gun.
- Control speed: With the sensitive potentiometer, you can control the flow speed of the grease. To increase flow into the fitting, you just need to press the potentiometer more.
- Rechargeable Battery: With the 20v MAX 4 amp-hour rechargeable lithium-ion battery, it can go for a maximum of sixteen different grease cartridges on one single charge.
4. Lincoln Industrial 1162 Automatic Pneumatic Grease Gun — Best Pneumatic Grease Gun
Looking for an air grease gun, which is a slight upgrade from a traditional grip grease gun? Lincoln Pneumatic Grease Gun is one of the most exceptional options for you. The automatic pneumatic grease gun was designed with a variable-speed trigger that provides excellent flow control and a complete involuntary continuous operation.
- Flow Speed: With the trigger, you can increase the flow speed for quick jobs or decrease the flow speed for more precision-based shots. From large bearings too tight grease fittings, it can provide infinite flow control without compromising its quality.
- 30-inch Hose: The 30-inch high-pressure hose comes with a coupler and attachment clip, which can be a great assistant for effortless access to lube points.
- Fully Automated: As this grease gun is fully automated, it can give smooth, exact, nonstop grease flow for a professional outcome. When a grease fitting is jammed, clogged, or broken, it will immediately stop automatically.
- Advance Pump Design: With the sophisticated pump design, the grease gun provides the right amount of air pressure from 40 to 150 lbs per square inch. You can also use a maximum of 6,000 lbs per square inch grease pressure for easy cleaning of hardened and/or contaminated grease.
- Anti-jam Toggle Mechanism: Another useful thing of this model is that it has an anti-jam toggle mechanism that aids in stopping the random bending of the plunger.
- Warranty: This durable product comes with one year fully backed warranty which ensures how long-lasting this gun is. The excellent construction and sturdy material make it highly durable.
5. Astro 101 Pneumatic Mini Grease Gun — Best Mini Grease Gun
This reliable grease gun is suitable for anyone, whether you are an expert at mechanics or just an around-the-home fixer-upper. To fix your common problems, the Astro 101 Mini Grease Gun is suitable for heavy lubricating machinery. This tiny gun can even beat the modern gun with its eye-catching performance and sturdy material.
- Lightweight: This sturdy tool weighs only 9.1 ounces and easy to carry or transport any place. Moreover, it has a cute, traditional, compact design, which is very easy to maneuver it and it can easily fit in a toolbox due to its miniature size.
- Small Needle Nozzle: The small needle nozzle of the gun releases the grease without causing too much of a hassle, and you can even easily lubricate tinier spaces in equipment. It also ensures your wrist won't succumb to intense pain after using it. You don't have to worry about shoulders and back pain because the gun is very light in weight to manage it quickly while working.
- Heavy Metal Construction: This heavy equipment grease gun can hold 3 ounces of grease, and it is free from deterioration. Little yet sturdy, it can be used on all your machines and equipment. You also don't have to worry about replacements anytime soon since it will last for a few years very comfortably. Moreover, it will remain safe even after excessive use because of heavier solid metal. Despite being small, it can produce and store the right amount of grease without carrying the extra weight of a pack of oil.
- Efficient Design: The efficient design of this grease gun allows you to use only one for your convenience without any complications. You can operate it easily yet efficiently to lubricate various parts of a machine. It saves you from hiring an extra pair of hands to help you in your work.
6. GreaseTek Pistol Grip Premium Grease Gun — Best Affordable Grease Gun
Looking for a grease gun suitable for all types of lubricating tasks? Then GreaseTek Premium Grease Gun can be a great purchase. It is one of the most popular grease guns on the market for having a lot of excellent features.
- Lightweight: The gun is one of the lighter guns which weighs just 2.6 pounds. Despite being lightweight, the hose and the extension pipe are not to miss with its coupler. The lightweight makes it handy and portable to carry any place easily without causing any problems.
- Comfortable Grip: It has a comfortable and secure grip to handle the machine while working on your projects. It ensures full control while operating the gun and resulting in a trouble-free completion of the task.
- 400c.c. Grease: This grease gun can hold up around 400 c.c. Grease in it and can deliver a bomb of 40 strokes. Elaborating it more, the nearly 2" in diameter and 9" containing almost 14-16 oz grease.
- 18 Inches Long Hose: The 18 inches long hose makes it a reliable option for applying grease and releasing grease. With the efficient design, it makes the loading and priming of grease easier.
- Dual-positioning Grease Loader: Though most of the grease guns one positions grease loaders, the GreaseTek comes with dual-positioning grease loaders for getting into all sorts of different positions of use which makes it stand out of the crowd.
- Regular tasks: Though it is not suitable for heavy-duty use, you can use it for all-around general-purpose with its smaller capacity yet acceptable performance. You should not choose it if you want to use it for professional purposes or any heavier lubricants.
7. STEINBRÜCKE Bravex Professional Heavy Duty Pistol Grip Grease Gun — Best Innovative Grease Gun
This grease gun that offers a wide range of selection of performance products, STEINBRÜCKE Bravex Heavy Duty Professional Pistol Grip Grease Gun can be recommended. With its excellent racing engineering capability and modern Motorsport technology, it is one of the finest innovative products in this constantly changing world.
- Non-slip rubber: The non-slip rubber grip helps the user to hold the grease gun perfectly and ensure safety without slipping easily.
- Long Hose: It has an 18-inch heavy-duty reinforced flex hose, which can easily reach darker places where machinery is installed. With a coupler and attachment clip, it provides excellent accessibility to fit into tight places easily. You will not face any problem while attaching the hose to the zerk fittings without any problems.
- High-pressure Piston Design: The O-ring sealed, high-pressure piston design ensures no leakage from the pump head, and it also works from zero-pressure to high-pressure around instantly to do any precise task. Moreover, the metallic case is highly durable, which adds a layer to the tool.
- Air Bleeding Valve: The air bleed valve quickly eliminates the airlock in the pumping area between a control valve and the grease pumping area that the plunger receives. It is mainly used to solve the power of the airlock problem, and it also works as a powerful economic one-piece member.
- Warranty: The grease gun comes with a two-year warranty so you don't have to worry about its durability and wouldn't even bother returning it.
8. Milwaukee M18 2-Spd Grease Gun — Best Electric Grease Gun
If you are looking for a heavy-duty professional-grade grease gun, Milwaukee 2646-20 M18 2-Speed Grease Gun is a great option. The excellent operating pressure and unmatched versatility make it different from other grease guns. This Milwaukee grease gun delivers maximum pressure to distribute the essential amount of grease from the gun.
- Operating Pressure: It can deliver up to 10,000 psi operating pressure while at high speed, it maximizes flow rate up to 10 oz/min.
- Lock Feature: Even if you are a beginner, you don't have to worry since the gun comes with a lock-on/lock-off trigger, which helps to avoid accidental discharge or any other inconveniences. It also makes your DIY projects easy to operate with fewer efforts.
- 48 inches Flexible Hose: The 48 inches lengthy and flexible hose makes your work easier by reaching those far-placed areas. Being versatile, it has furthermore reach than a standard stiff hose.
- Air-bleeder: It comes with an air bleeder valve to prevent air traps and pockets, which removes extra pressure on the gun and makes the gun durable. It also allows fast priming, so you don't have to loosen the barrel threads when loading to work faster.
- Handy Shoulder Strap: One convenient thing about this product is that it comes with a handy shoulder strap to make your DIY task easier.
- Warranty: It also comes with a five-year tool warranty, which is a significant matter that allows you to get any part repaired whenever it is required.
- 2-speed Design: The 2-speed design helps you to choose the correct setting between the maximum pressure and maximum flow rate for every task. You can also choose the exact volume of grease that you want on your tools or machinery.
9. REXBETI Premium Car Grease Gun Set — Best Lever Grease Gun
A solidly constructed grease gun that will last as long as proper care is taken, the REXBETI Grease Gun can be recommended. The jam-proof mechanism of the gun makes it durable and sturdy to work smoothly without causing any problems. Moreover, it comes with great helpful instructions to assist you in your DIY projects.
- 18-inch Flex Hose: The gun comes with an 18-inch flexible hose that can easily reach in tightly fixed spots.
- Reinforced Steel Barrel: With reinforced steel barrel, the gun appears healthier, powerful, and shinier. Moreover, you can comfortably work all day long with the rubber handle, which doesn't cause any discomfort. The sturdy plunger aids to pump the grease more rapidly and expertly, and it also prevents additional lubricant from leaking outwards.
- Thickened spring: To understand whether a grease is well built or not, a premium quality spring is an important criterion. A second-generation spring is equipped inside the grease barrel, which is sturdy and thicker than normal spring. It will always deliver maximum pressure onto the plunger.
- Air-Release Valve Design: The grease gun has an air bleeder valve to release the tube's air. The air-release valve allows air to get rid of air pockets after the latest grease has been inputted to the grease gun.
- Double Classic Reinforced Coupler: It is also equipped with a double reinforced coupler, which allows you to slide on the zerk from the side and be used for tight spaces and a variety of locking positions. Moreover, it will prevent leakage issues and locks firmly on the grease fitting.
10. Lincoln 1134 Lubrication Heavy Duty Pistol Grip Grease Gun — Best Air Grease Gun
The Lincoln Lubrication 1134 Heavy Duty Pistol Grip Grease Gun is an essential tool that withstands rough and frequent use in challenging environments. It can be used for professional purposes since it is time-tested and proven perfect for industrial use. This grease gun's performance is so satisfying that it can meet any lubrication task smoothly yet effectively. This precision fit and sturdy grease gun allow you to grease as much freedom as you want.
- Advanced Pump Design: The grease gun features advanced pump design helps in eliminating the priming issues. Moreover, it allows you to control the process with a variable speed trigger fully. You can easily adjust the speed according to your requirements or needs.
- Solid Construction: It is well built-in with a jam-proof mechanism that helps to prevent undesired plunger-twisting. The gun is very lightweight and weighs only four pounds.
- Standard 14oz Cartridge: The standard 14oz cartridge allows you to load grease in the best way, which is very clean and convenient. It also makes your tasks quite handy even for complex and remote parts of your instruments. To make your DIY tasks efficient and easy, a coupler and an attachment clip are also provided with the gadget.
- High-Pressure Option: With this solid grease gun, you can use a high-pressure option for high-tolerance applications or heavy-duty projects with up to 7,500 psi.
- Air Bleeder: The air bleeder helps to get rid of air pockets, and air traps efficiently. It also allows you to large volume fill and effortlessly releases trapped air to keep the grease gun primed.
- 18-inch Whip Hose: The extensive 18-inch whip hose comes with a 6-inch rigid extension that allows you to work in hard-to-reach areas.
- Reliable: This grease gun is more flexible and dependable than any electric gun due to its pistol grip. Moreover, it provides continuous power operation without causing any power disruption. It also can work great even in wet or moisture without compromising its quality.
- Warranty: It also comes with a 1-year warranty on handicraft as well as equipment. So, you don't have to worry about durability since it is cost-effective and can last longer than a normal grease gun.
How to Find Your Favorite Automotive Grease Guns – The Ultimate Buying Guide
To understand which type of grease gun will work best for your projects, consider a few factors.
Types of Grease Guns:
As there are different types of grease guns available like hand lever, pistol grip, hand pump or handgrip gun, battery-powered, etc. While hand lever guns are mainly manually powered, mechanical tools, a pneumatic grease gun is suitable when your projects don't need super-high PSI. Battery-powered grease guns provide more freedom of movement while working and deliver the highest pressure of all with consistent pressure to force out grease.
The nozzle is another important factor for grease guns, which helps to deliver proper grease. There are mainly two types of styles available: one is a straight nozzle, and the other one is a flexible metal nozzle. Flexible metal nozzles help to reach difficult areas easily, and they also help to improve accuracy.
The importance of barrel size may vary based on the primary objective of using the grease gun. Bigger barrel size is suitable for a lot of grease in a short amount of time, while a smaller barrel is okay for you if you want to use it only for small specialty applications.
Ease of Use:
Make sure to choose only the grease gun that can easily handle and use to complete your task. This tool is mainly used for simply lubricating your machinery. The design, weight, and size of a grease gun are essential things to consider while buying a grease gun.
An automotive grease gun should be easily installed and assembled whether you are experts or beginners. It should assist you in doing your job as much as you want. Moreover, it should have a comfortable handle to hold it for a long time without causing any pain in hands. Some grease guns also allow you to operate in a one-hand operation.
To protect a grease gun and its other elements, it should have a solid carrying case. A grease gun that comes with a storage case will last longer than other regular grease guns because it won't be exposed to shop dust and other components.
Metals are mainly used to make most of the grease guns. They are durable enough to last a few years easily and can withstand even high pressure. There are also plastic types of grease guns available in the market, which are considered as inferior quality because they are prone to wear and breakage.
Safety and Durability:
Make sure the grease gun you will use is safe and has strictly followed safety standards. Some grease guns come with a safety lock feature to ensure safety for your children. To know about your grease gun's durability, you can get some customer reviews to get a good idea about it. You should also check the warranty period of the grease guns. It should be a minimum of one year.
Pressure and Accuracy:
Lower pressure guns help to aim specific areas with more accuracy, while higher pressure guns are suitable to cover larger areas with less time. If you require variable pressures, then buy a gun that allows you to change the pressure in different situations based on your requirements.
Accuracy may not be important for household tasks, but if you want to use grease guns for professional purposes. Then go for a particular gun which comes with a reasonably narrow stream that allows you to get into harder to reach areas easily without any problem.
To ensure the security of purchase and worry-free use, warranty is an important thing to consider. A more extended warranty with good terms makes it more reliable for customers and attracts them to buy the product.
Price / Budget:
Price or budget is another essential thing to consider because most of the cheap guns are of low quality. So, if you want to have a premium quality grease gun that can work smoothly without causing any problem, make sure to invest some money. But that doesn't mean you have to spend all your money to buy a good grease gun. Even on a tight budget with proper knowledge, you can find the perfect grease gun for your DIY projects.
As there are multiple grease guns available in the market which can be fit into simple categories for general household and car maintenance uses. They are easy to use and maintain as well as save your money. But if you want something for professional purposes, then we recommend the pneumatic guns.
All the best grease guns we have mentioned are a great choice to do any job easier for your DIY projects. Our top pick is the Bravex Grease Gun due to its efficient grease delivery system and easy to operate.
Grease Gun FAQs:
Whether you intend to purchase a grease gun for your automotive machine or any industrial machine, you should come up with the top-rated grease gun on the market. That being said, before purchasing a grease gun, we often find some common questions. Let's have a look.
How do you load a grease gun?
Ans: There are mainly two methods for the loading process of a grease gun: one is a reservoir or regular barrel grease gun, and the other one is a cartridge grease gun. For a reservoir grease gun, you need to separate the grease gun's head, locate the end of the barrel into the grease, fill the barrel with grease, and sew up the barrel to the head of the grease gun. For the cartridge, you need to unscrew the cap of the cartridge, take out the vacant cartridge, and put in an intact one.
How to clean a grease gun?
Ans: To properly clean your grease gun, you must follow some steps and processes. First, take off the old grease cartridge from the grease gun and use a clean cloth to clear all dust, debris, and residue from external and internal nozzles and other parts. Use the right solution to wash the internal and external parts of the machine. You can rinse them in hot water to clear all types of residue and debris from the grease gun. Make sure to dry the machine before loading a new grease cartridge completely.
What is the best lubricant to use with grease guns?
Ans: A high-quality lubricant is preferable to use with grease guns because it will flow freely across the gun without having any build-up problems in nozzle areas. Make sure to choose a specific lubricant that can match up with your dedicated grease guns. A good quality grease lubrication does not leak because it has sealing properties and protection grits from corrosion. Make sure to release a fair amount of grease for lubrication to perform at its best.
How should I store my grease gun?
Ans: Cartridge tubes of grease should always be stored in an upstanding position. A grease gun should be cleaned properly through depressurizing it if any cartridge tube is left in it. Make sure to remove any contaminants by using any soft fabric cloth and keep it in a flat position where the place is cool, dry, and clean to avoid exsanguinating the oil.
How much grease comes out through a grease gun?
Ans: Though it mainly depends on your grease gun's size, the standard output range is typically between 0.5 and 3 grams. The actual output of grease may vary since it depends on the age of your grease gun and also it's model. To make more precise with consistent output, make sure to calculate your gun's output range as per stroke. To measure a specific amount of grease, you can use a calibrated scale, which will give you the output per stroke.
Is it possible to under or over-grease?
Ans: If you are likely to go under grease if you use very little grease, it may cause dry friction and wear out. On the other hand, if you use too much grease at the same time, which is also called over-grease, you may face the risk of increasing temperatures of the stirring parts. It may ruin the seals of the grease gun, and the grease consumption rate will increase. So, you should calculate grease output properly per stroke to save you money as well as allow your machine to work more efficiently.
Hello, this is Gary Jae, a machinery expert. Writing is one of my hobbies, so I wanted to share my know-how about tools, technologies, machinery, and automotive equipment. I hope you’ll enjoy my provided real-life experience and analytic information.